Wolf Pack Commlink
General Discussion : Wolf Pack HQ
Come chat with us.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Welcome back!
Posted by: Mhaddy (IP Logged)
Date: September 5, 2005 11:56PM

Well, the server died and in my incredible foresight, I didn't back anything up for a couple of years. What's more, it wasn't even a full backup so unlike the news and the pennants, I wasn't able to restore the forums. So... we'll have to start over.

Start chattin'! winking smiley

Re: Welcome back!
Date: September 6, 2005 12:19AM

...and yes, the colours will be changing. I know they're hideous.

Posted by: Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: September 6, 2005 02:43AM

Yay?

Date: September 6, 2005 12:53PM

Hey, with the 2845 ATR hopefully coming out this month, we've got to turn this place around.

Posted by: Feret (IP Logged)
Date: September 6, 2005 08:37PM

Wow, so the flies still buzz around this tomb?

You guys have a MAJOR uphill battle if you plan to bring WP back. For I bet 90% of the emails you have for former members are defunct. Also as I am no longer affiliated with WP you may remove My name (and sapphires) from the rosters of the Crimson Spears. I've already thrown in my lot to bring Ultra Force back and I intend do my best to see it through. While a number of us UFers would love to see the WP back I honestly am not optimistic on that. Sorry to be a downer on your parade guys, but too little too late.

Date: September 9, 2005 12:39AM

We don't need many. A dozen good pilots would make for a much better squad than three dozen mediocre ones. That's what I'd do when 2845 comes out, btw. Take the core of the WP we still have and recruit around it, train up a few people at a time. Don't go and pull in anyone who asks.

We're supposed to be Imperial Knights, and elite ones at that. We should act like it.

Date: September 10, 2005 04:09AM

its attitudes like that that will only further alienate you from the heart of the starsiege community. I wonder what Annie would say if she knew how arrogant the pack has become since she retired. Well it is not my concern anymore I resigned well nigh around 3 years ago if not more. Don't get me wrong though I still value many of the friendships I have had here, but an air of arrogance is not going to attract many of virtue.

As a Crimson Spear I would think you would know that honor is all.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/10/05 04:20AM by Feret.

Date: September 10, 2005 01:23PM

Well, Feret, if Annie wants to wander back after up and vanishing on us when we were sinking and talk to me about honor, I'm sure it would be an interesting discussion.

My point was that neither MD nor I will have the time or ability to train a dozen new pilots in the first few weeks of 2845. If we have half a dozen vets and we can add another six who played Starsiege, we'd be formidable. If we did what we were doing for a while, taking in anyone, giving them no training, promoting them when they couldn't pass tests, and then tossing them into battle, we'll be slaughtered, just like we were for years.

The Wolf Pack *used* to be considered elite. For a long time, we've been cannon fodder. Now, with virtually everyone looking to rebuild in 2845, I know which I'd choose, since I actually have a choice.

Date: September 10, 2005 06:30PM

ok phrased that way makes a bit more sense, however my lot is in with UF for now anyways... keep me posted on how things go... maybe a friendly match down the road winking smiley

Date: September 11, 2005 05:58PM

Geez Feret, what is wrong with with you? I mean no disrespect in that comment, but com'on, what gives you the right to come here and bash us for trying to restart WP? Firstly, I don't view the WP as merely a squad in Starsiege. I view the WP as a group of friends who like to play games together. I really could care less if we become the most elite squad in SS/2845 or if we are a force to be reckoned with. If we have fun playing together (on and off the field), then I will consider the WP to be a success. Heck, Falcon, Lennex, and grey wolf were three of the first people who I met online back and they are still my friends today.

Secondly, I don't know where your hostility is coming from. You claim that you wish us the best, but the first thing that came out of your mouth was how we are going to fail and how we should give up before we've even started. What gives?

Heck, last night, I finally got Starsiege working again (after how many years? lol) and I enjoyed a good 2.5hr game with Falcon, Lennex, RA Jeff, some IB guys (incl. Timbo), and a slew of others who I recognized at the time but forget now, heh. They were all ecstatic that they saw some WP'ers on the servers again and all wished us luck in our 'revival'. I wish I could say the same for you; an ex-WPer and, at least what I thought, friend of mine.

Lastly, what arrogance are you referring to? That we take pride in the fact that we are one of the oldest squads in Starsiege and refuse to go silent into that good night? I, for one, am proud of that statement, but I don't see how we are overly proud and confuse ourselves as elitists.

So please do me a favour. If you truely wish us the best, then say it. Drop by every once and a while and see how we're doing. Drop by our servers and have some fun. But please, don't come in here bashing us, saying that it's "too little, too late", or calling us arrogant. You can take your hauteur back to the UF, where you left your respect.

Date: September 12, 2005 12:51AM

Alright, I have edited this post.

When i left this board i didn't feel i came across in a friendly matter so I asked Sapphire to give me her objective opinion. She is of the belief that I did indeed come across harsh and as such that she would have responded the same way. I am sorry for causing this trouble. I suppose I still have some hurt left over from the events that lead to my resignation some years ago. But my wife is correct, I am not in the wolf pack anymore, so who am I to question how you want to run things. Nevermind that anything I do say is probably going to be ignored but thats a side thing.

I have been friends with many that have worn the WP tags. I am sorry if my post comes off as full barrell blasting of the squad. The wolf pack has been a good squad in the past and it is possible that it could be again. I suppose the last days of the pack in Starsiege (before 2845 became a reality) have tarnished my view of the Ole Knights a bit.

I apologize for coming off as mean spirited. As far as being friends, I feel that I have drifted away from most of the pack. In fact I think the only WP member i've kept in good contact with has been grey. I will leave here with this. I would love to see you guys come back, but i made a decision about a year ago that I would try to bring UF back. I don't know how things are going to be or if my efforts will be in vain, but in my heart I have always been UF. I felt that i should give it one last go before I retired the flag for good. I am sorry the merger of UF and WP went so badly. I blame myself for misjudging the situation a bit. In any event good night to you and I hope that you'll get back to the roots that made the wolf pack good that being having fun and good comraderie.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/12/05 02:40AM by Feret.

Date: September 13, 2005 01:52PM

...and with that, let's put this behind us and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.